Wednesday, June 13, 2012

An Intro to the world of me

So I feel like my first blog post should be some history about myself. It might seem a bit long winded and you can feel free to skip this one if you like.

I am 31 years old. In about 3 weeks I will have been happily married for 8 years. I went to school to gain a diploma in Social work but I am done with that already so I am currently working as an administrative assistant (although I am currently pressing for a new title).

I have had some weight issues since I was 20 years old. I feel like they have compounded over the years but I didn't really take them seriously at the time. In the past 3 years that I have been dealing with fertility issues I have really packed on some serious extra pounds. In my research about fertility issues I have begun to take my weight issues very seriously and want to do what I can to lose the weight in a healthy way.

The fertility issues started 3 years ago when I spent my 5th wedding anniversary in the hospital going into emergency surgery because the pregnancy that I was so excited about turned out to be ectopic. They save the tube, but turns out the scar tissue blocked it up. 3 years and so so many tests later there is still "nothing wrong with me" and I am now recovering from surgery again because they went in to remove the tube after another ectopic last summer.

To help with both the fertility and the weight I am seeing an osteopath to help get my body back to functioning the way it should be. I am also looking into seeing a naturopath. I am very tired of the doctors telling me that they can't help. I have high blood sugar and insulin resistance....but it's not high enough. I have low thyroid functioning....but not low enough. I have high estrogen and testosterone and low progesterone....but not enough. It's very frustrating to have them say that all of these things are wrong with me but there's nothing anyone can do because I haven't crossed the line.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be on a million medications, but I also feel like if I could just get a hand up I can really make this go my way.

Now to introduce my family :) There is myself and my Husband Jason. Our four furry "kids" a golden retriever named Gibson, a Bichon Shi Tzu named Kayla, and our 2 adorable cats named Izzy and Frankie.
I won't even get into extended family as there are far too many. I'm sure I'll mention them along the way, but for a quick review on Jason's side are his mom, dad, and sister along with a ton of extended family. My side has my mom, dad (step) and 3 sisters and then my dad (bio) and brother along with extended family but not nearly as much as Jason :)

So for those of you who have stuck with me this long I'll leave you with my predicament last night. I went to my first Hips & Shoulders yoga class on Monday night, I haven't worked out since before the surgery at the end of April so i was very sore yesterday. After the activities of the day I decided to settle in on the couch and read for a bit with it reclined back. My husband said he was going to bed and I just wanted to finish my chapter. So a little bit later I was going to head to bed myself but i could not for the life of me get up! I had stiffened up so bad that I couldn't get up enough to un-recline the couch!! How bad is that. Then I was thinking of how horrible it was that i was going to have to text my husband from the couch to come help me....then I realized my phone is on the charger across the room. Needless to say this was quite the first world problem!!!

Don't worry I made it up and off to bed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment