Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Changing My Way of Thinking about Food

Yesterday I had my appointment with the dietitian. Most of the information that she had for me I already knew from years and years of trying to lose weight but the shocker for me is how much I am waaaay overeating meats. Apparently 2.5oz is one serving now, I swear it used to be 4oz, and you are only supposed to have 2 servings a day. But yet you are supposed to have 6 servings of whole grains per day, which is totally backwards from the low carb/high protein existence that I have been trying to pull off. So I'm going to give it a shot and see if it goes. The worst that will happen is that it won't work and I won't lose weight, which has been the story of my life so far anyways. So I'm adding a daily goal of making myself food diary sheets to keep track of my servings of everything. I'm also going to add the goal of trying to get more quinoa in my diet, it's supposed to be some magical superfood that's a grain but also has great protein. It sure can't hurt :)

Monday Weigh-in: 238.2 (ugh, it's worse than I thought)

Daily goals:
Keep track of meals
Yoga strength workout
Clean house
Make food diary sheets

Weekly goals:
Lose 1 pound
At least 5 days of healthy meals
Workout of some kind at least 3 times
Get more quinoa in my diet

Monthly goals:
Get a pedometer
Lose at least 4 pounds
Start the couch-5k program

Long-Term goals:
125 Pounds
Jog for an hour straight
Be a healthy role model for my daughter by creating a healthy life style opposed to fad/yoyo dieting.

No comments:

Post a Comment